APEP professors: Dr. Myra Halpin (NCSSM) and Dr. Shelly Schwartz-Bloom (Duke)
Biology students did better on Chemistry questions than regular chemistry students after working through the modules.
There are 4 modules that cover differenct aspects of alcohol consumption. We will start with Module 1, I have handouts copied for you but you will need to go to the site to get all the information to answer the questions, then present to the class.
- Module1: Gender Matters - "Susan gets Sued"
- Blood alcohol Concentration (BAC)
- Module 2: The ABCs of Intoxication -"I'm dying to remember"
- Intoxication is a state of altered physical and mental processes produced by alcohol.
- Module 3: Alcohol, Cell Suicide, and the Adolescent Brain - "What happened last night?
- Alcohol affects adolescents and adults differently.
- Module 4: Alcohol and the Breathalyzer Test -"Spritney Beers Blows it Bigtime"
- How does alcohol get to the lungs?